Friday, January 15, 2010

Laptop and Midi Controller Sleeve

I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of scratching and dirtying up my gear. Recently, I've been covering my Midi Controller with a t-shirt when it's not being used. Then when I was at Target the other day, I saw a neoprene sleeve for laptops, and I thought, "pffft how useless...". Then I realized how handy it would be to have a little sleeve cover like that for a laptop, or even better.. my midi controller! It would offer more protection from scratches, and it wouldn't look as pitiful! Midi Controllers tend to be about the same size as laptops, but you might want to measure yours before buying just any sleeve.

There are all kinds of laptop sleeves out there, from zipping to folding. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if I didn't even have to pull the midi controller out of the sleeve?" Ideally, you'd just have to unzip the sleeve on 3 of the 4 sides and flip the top of the sleeve back behind the controller/laptop. Since neoprene is flexible, you could fold it up underneath too!


The bad news is that I have had no such luck in finding one designed like this. The only one that I've found has been a velcro & unfold all 4 sides model. This model takes up a lot of space when unfolded, and it looks rather cheap. I am going to look into modifying one of the existing sleeves into the 3-side zip sleeve. I may even add a rubber mat for support and a pocket to hold the cords... we'll see! I'm hoping that Mrs. Van Draken may be able to sew one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment